I came across the prerequisites for therapy in the UR Text of A Course in Miracles.
I am not sure the exact page it is on, but never the less, the content is perfect and exactly what I wish to share with all of you.
The prerequisites for therapy must include the following conditions:
- The procedure must involve the recognition rather than the denial of the importance of thought.
- The recognition of exact equality of everyone who is involved. That must include Me. (Jesus)
- No one is either therapist or patient (Teacher or pupil). This is Holy Spirit’s job.
- Above all EVERYONE involved must want to give up everything that which is NOT true.
- Therapy is EXACTLY the same as all other forms of miracle-working. It has no separate laws of its own. All of the points that were given for miracles apply to therapy because, UNLESS therapy proceeds from miracle-mindedness, it CANNOT heal.
Here are the Principles of Miracles. All of which are the forms miracle-working/true therapy can take.
"No one is sent by accident to anyone.
Relationships are always purposeful.
Whoever comes has been sent."
- A Course in Miracles